Avid gamers are constantly looking at IT hardware component development, keen to boost speed and performance whenever possible and if you have reached the point when your trusted gaming PC is just about obsolete, now is the time to think about stepping up to the plate and building your own machine. The very thought of building a PC from scratch would frighten some gamers, yet it isn’t that difficult, and with that in mind, here are a few tips from the pros.
- Online Research – Prior to searching for components, you need to have a solid basic understanding of each component and its role in the process. Start by Googling the main hardware components and that they actually do and after a few hours, you should have the knowledge you need to build a PC from scratch.
- Strive for Hi-End – The pace of IT hardware development is scary; the top spec today could be average in only 6 months and obsolete in a couple of years. New games demand hi-end specs with both RAM and VGA performance and regarding the VGA card, stick with Nvidia and you can’t go wrong. The Nvidia GeForce series is highly recommended and there are many models, each with its own qualities.
- Talk to the Experts – The best way to talk to the gaming PC gurus is to join a gaming forum and after a few weeks, you should know what set up will work for you. The great thing about self-building is you get to choose each and every component, but this can be a double-edged sword, as merging components doesn’t always work. Here are a few great games that were launched in 2018, many of which you will know.
- Calculate your Budget – Work out how much you are prepared to spend on the build, including the software (building your own computer means purchasing the OS software licence), or you could list your preferred configuration and hunt down the components one by one, which will give you the cost. Practically speaking, you’re going to save $200-500 by building the machine yourself, which is more than enough incentive to create your own gaming platform.
- Online Product Reviews – The best info comes from the tech gurus who YouTube a critical review, which allows you to discover how that Nvidia GeForce GTX really does perform in the field, and these guys know how to put the component through a tough test. If three separate reviewers are giving the product 5 stars, then you can buy with confidence, and the online gaming PC supplier has the lowest prices for all top names.
- Comfort – Your gaming experience includes comfort and ambience, so invest in a good gaming chair and a curved monitor (you’ll be so glad you did), with blinds to remove daylight for the ultimate viewing. If you are serious about improving your gaming performance, the environment plays a vital role, and with Bluetooth headsets, your surround sound won’t bother others.
There is a great sense of achievement in building your gaming PC and with the above tips, you should end up with a hot machine.